The optimistic inspirations of aspiring author Meredith Anderson Coffman.
This is a book appreciation blog! Which basically means I post about books, especially book photography, quotes and fan art.
I have a penchant for postcards, scarves, and ampersands. I also post an absurd amount of photos of my ferret, Quigley.
one thing i love about having a book blog is that i can see what books everyone gets excited about, and then i get excited about them, and before i’ve even read the book, i’m basically in love with it, and then when i finally get around to reading the book and i find out what all the hype was about and it was amazing and i just love that so much
- sirius and james become friends when sirius tells james to move out the way on the hogwarts express and james doesn’t respond until sirius flicks him and says “are you deaf or something?” and james is just like “well um yeah”
- the marauders learn sign language not only so they can make sure james knows exactly what they’re saying but also so they can communicate secretly in class
- lily yells at james one time and he’s just like “sorry can you repeat that” and she thinks he’s being a little shit (he is but he also didn’t hear all of what she said) and just storms off
- she learns later that he is deaf and apologizes for a week
- in sixth year she learns sign language
- when they’re lying in bed together in the morning she writes out “i love you” on his chest and he signs “i love you more”
- lily joins the marauders’ (minus james) hunt for a cure which they started in second year and when james finds out they’re trying to find a spell to help him in seventh year he doesn’t talk to them for a week bc he thinks it’s hopeless
- at their wedding he and lily sign ‘i do’
- eventually they find a spell that will cure it (they told james they stopped looking but they didn’t) and the first sound james hears is his baby boy saying “daddy”
JACK’S MANNEQUIN PARTY!!!!!!!! *dances*
the-book-ferret & books-wrote-my-story I didn’t think I could possibly love you guys anymore than I already do but then you tell me you guys like Jack’s Mannequin (and I’m assuming Something Corporate). <33333333
YES! YES I DO! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Why do so few people know them? They’re in like every playlist I make. Dark Blue is probably my favorite song EVER.
does anyone else fail to notice chapters when they read? maybe it’s just because I’m really into the book, but I never even see the “one more chapter” I’m supposed to be reading.
I agree! I don’t notice when I’m really into a book! Even when a book has funny chapter titles or something I JUST DON’T NOTICE.
You mean Quigley’s name? That movie was actually really wonderful! My father-in-law put it on thinking we wouldn’t even really watch it but my husband and I loved it! When we were driving to get Quigley we were trying to think of names for him. (I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before but Quigley’s name has only been Quigley since we got him. Before us, his owner’s called him Deuce…) We’d just seen Quigley Down Under and when I threw it out there and we met him, we knew it was perfect!
He even has a little “Q” that hangs above his cage. ;)